Saturday, March 27

Wow it's been 6 months!

I guess taking 6 months off from updating my blog and visiting my friends blogs explains the craziness in our lives! Although now it seems that we're still busy as ever.

2010 has already started out great for our family. We feel so blessed. Since Rich lost his job last summer we have learned how important it is for us to work together as a couple and a family. I think trials can either bring you closer together or drive you away. Thankfully with alot of patience, love, faith and sacrifice we made it! I should also mention that our food storage and savings came in handy too!

So we went from having no job to both of us working. I work part-time as a Wellness Coach for a company that provides health and wellness coaching and training for companies & their employees. It's wonderful because I love helping, teaching and motivating people to set realistic goals every month. If you know me well, you know I love to workout and I've been a personal trainer for over 10 years now. It's my passion, so I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to further my education and continue helping people.

Rich got a great job at Franklin Covey. He just fits the picture, don't you think? I remember him saying how he'd love to work for them years ago...so it's awesome that his time has come! I'm so amazed by his consistency in looking, applying and interviewing for so many jobs these past 8 months. We figured that he had plenty of practice for his interviews before he landed one. He applied for over 80 jobs and had 35 interviews all together! Wow it was a long ride and now it's so great to buckle down and relax a little bit. Now the trick is to work super hard to keep a job. It seems that alot of our friends are going through the trial of unemployment. My advice to them is to realize and understand that it's a roller-coaster ride. One day you're up because you get an interview and it went great, the next day you're down because they with someone else. Another day you're up because you connected with an old colleague who's company is hiring. the next day you're down because they decided to wait another 6 months before posting the position. It's seriously draining...emotionally, physically, mentally and obviously financially! But just keep 'keepin' on. Keep looking, talking, networking, applying, interviewing, sacrificing, serving and believing that it will happen...and it will! Good luck to you!







6 comments:

Adhis said...

Hooray for food storage and savings!

islandgirl said...

Great advice! What company do you work for, my husband works for Health Behavior Innovations, could be the same???

Adhis said...

I, too, was thinking it sounded similar to Ken's job.

Team Gilmore said...

Congratulations to you both. I can't even imagine. Your faith and coming together is an inspiration and example. These years of residency have been extremely tough for Nate and I, and I know I haven't always handled it in the best way. Jordan was laid off over a month ago and just landed a job as well, but it was tight for them and the not knowing is the hardest part. Anyhow, good luck to you both, we move back to Utah in 2 months and hope to see more of your awesome family.

michele said...

I love you and your family!! What great words of wisdom for you to pass along. You and Rich are amazing people. I miss you tons!! And HOORAY for JOBS!! :D

suzi said...

How long has it been?! I don't know if you look at this often, but if you get this, I'd love to get in touch, it's been waaaay too long! Happy Thanksgiving!